1. The Initial Call
- Answer your initial questions, get electrical usage information, and schedule a site visit.
2. The Site Visit
- Review electrical usage and identify opportunities for conservation.
- Measure the roof and analyze shade impacts or determine an appropriate place for a ground mounted system if that’s a better option.
- Inspect the existing electrical system of your home or business.
- Discuss your concerns, special circumstances or requests, etc.
4. Project Planning
- Determine a tentative installation date that works best for you.
- Obtain electrical permit and city or county permit (if required)
- Procure materials and confirm installation schedule
- Schedule associated AC electrical work.
5. Installing Your System
- Arrive at your home to begin installation
- Installations typically take 2–6 days depending on the system’s size and whether it is a ground or roof mount. (There may be short delays for inspections or AC electrical work.)
- Schedule inspections (Usually one partial and one final).
- Submit final net meter application with local utility.
- Commission the system
- Do a system walk through with you.